Deeply nourish, moisturize, and repair work-worn hands with this combination of rich vegetable oils and reparative essential oils. This protective cream enriches the hands and nails with soothing and softening olive and jojoba oils, and vitamin and fatty acid-rich argan oil. The essential oils in this product repair the skin, treat inflammation, and create an uplifting fragrance.
- 1 tsp each argan, olive, and jojoba oils
- 1 tsp cocoa butter
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 2fl oz (60ml) mineral water
- 1 tbsp emulsifying wax
- 1 tsp glycerin
- 8 drops lemon balm essential oil
- 4 drops each lemon, mandarin, and myrrh essential oils
HOW TO MAKE
- Create an emulsion (see p109) by melting the oils, butter, and beeswax in a water bath. Remove from the heat when the wax has melted.
- Boil the mineral water to 175ºF (80ºC). Add the wax and glycerin, and stir.
- Add the hot oil mixture to the hot water mixture. Using a handheld whisk or immersion blender, whisk continuously until smooth.
- Add the essential oils and continue to mix. Pour into a sterilized jar and leave to cool before placing the lid on it. Store in a cool, dark place. Keeps for up to 3 months.
HOW TO APPLY
Gently massage onto dry hands, rubbing into nails and cuticles.