This coconut conditioner leaves the hair feeling soft and light. Coconut is often used in hair care— the oil softens the hair and soothes the scalp, and its milk has similar conditioning and nourishing effects on the hair. Egg yolk has long been used to improve the condition of hair. It can strengthen hair as well as moisturize and condition it.
MAKES ENOUGH FOR ONE APPLICATION
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp solid coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
HOW TO MAKE
- Using a handheld whisk or immersion blender, whisk the egg yolk and coconut oil together in a bowl until frothy.
- Add the coconut milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle for easy application. Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps for up to 6 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply to hair and massage into the scalp. Leave for 2–5 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Dry and style hair as normal.
Massage Your Scalp
Use this simple sequence to massage the conditioner into your hair and invigorate your scalp, promoting healthy, strong hair.
- Gently massage the whole of the head with thumbs and fingers in a “shampooing motion.”
- Grasp fistfuls of hair at the roots and tug from side to side, keeping the knuckles close to the scalp.
- Squeeze the temples with the heel of the hands and make slow circular movements.
- Find the occipital bone—the bone you can feel at the back of your head toward the top of your neck. Place the left thumb under the left occipital area and the right thumb on the right occipital area. Use a rubbing movement to release the muscles
Egg yolk Nutritionally rich, egg yolk contains protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is also perfect for treating acne and dry, flaky skin.
Thumbnail image Credit: Tanya Chaudhary