Give skin a hydrating boost with this nourishing cream that locks moisture into the skin. Argan oil is known for its moisturizing and nourishing properties. The shea butter also helps to nourish the skin, and vitamin-rich avocado oil can soothe dry, parched skin
MAKES 3½OZ (100G)
- 1 tsp shea nut butter
- 2 tsp argan oil
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 4 tbsp mineral water
- 1 tbsp emulsifying wax
- 1 tsp glycerin
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops neroli essential oil
- 1 drop bergamot essential oil
HOW TO MAKE
- Create an emulsion (see p109) by melting the butter, oils, and beeswax together in a water bath. Remove from the heat once the wax has melted.
- Heat the mineral water in a saucepan to 175ºF (80ºC). Add the emulsifying wax and glycerin, and stir until the wax is fully dissolved.
- Add the hot oil mixture to the hot water mixture. Using a handheld whisk or an immersion blender, whisk continuously until smooth.
- Continue to stir occasionally as the mixture cools. Add the essential oils and mix well. Pour into a sterilized jar and leave to cool before placing the lid on it. Store in the fridge. Keeps for up to 6 weeks.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply to the face and neck with small, circular movements in an upward direction, avoiding the delicate eye area.
Thumbnail image Credit: Agnistoka