Use this indulgent facial balm to revive and nourish dull or tired-looking skin. Rich oils and shea nut butter help to prevent excessive water loss from the skin, keeping it supple and soft. The balm can cleanse, exfoliate, decongest, and enrich. It contains argan oil, a Moroccan treatment for skin and hair, and vitamin- and antioxidant-rich rose hip oil, which regenerates the skin and improves its tone.
MAKES 3½OZ (100G)
- 2 tbsp argan oil
- 2 tbsp rose hip seed oil
- 2 tbsp shea nut butter
- 1 tbsp beeswax
- 5 drops cypress essential oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops bergamot essential oil
HOW TO MAKE
- Heat the oils, butter, and beeswax, together in a water bath (see p133), until the wax has melted. Remove from the heat.
- Add the essential oils and pour into a sterilized jar. Allow to cool for 1–2 hours, before using or applying the lid. Store in a cool, dark place. Keeps for up to 3 months.
HOW TO APPLY
Massage into the skin with circular movements. Leave on for an ultra-rich protective moisturizer, or use as a cleanser and remove with a damp washcloth or cotton pad, to polish away dead skin cells.